Business administration masters degree online programs benefit working professionals by allowing them to study while continuing to work. Many employees are eligible to receive promotions or other benefits after acquiring an online business administration masters degree. An online master’s degree business administration program can enable students to work at the executive level in both private businesses and public organizations, equipping them with skills in management, marketing, finance and other business fields. Students interested in teaching business at the university level usually must complete a traditional or online PhD in business administration. Those who are looking to begin their college career may wish to pursue an online bachelor’s degree in business administration.
What are the admission requirements for an online master’s in business administration?
Several of the top online masters degree programs in business administration require applicants to submit the following for admissions purposes:
- Application form
- Undergraduate transcripts
- Personal statement or Essay
- Letters of recommendation
Candidates for these programs typically should have either a bachelors degree in business administration or in a related field, such as:
- Information Technology
What types of online master’s degrees in business administration can students pursue?
Accredited online schools offer a broad range of online masters degrees in business administration.
Students often pursue concentrations in order to become a specialist in a specific discipline.
Common online areas of focus include:
- Marketing: Students in the best online masters degree business administration programs in marketing learn how to connect consumers with products. In these programs, students learn how to set price points, promote products and build relationships with different markets.
- E-Business: Students who study in accredited online master’s degree programs in business administration may study how businesses operate online. Students in these degree programs learn about supply chain management, online marketing and social media.
- Information Technology: Students interested in the technology problems that modern businesses face may pursue online master’s degrees in business administration in information technology. These students learn about technology project management, telework and computer science.
- Insurance: Students who get an online master in business administration in insurance learn about how to effectively manage risk. They may learn about actuarial mathematics, risk management and reinsurance.
- International Business: An online master degree in business administration may also cover topics regarding doing business in other countries. These programs teach students about cultural attitudes toward business, international business law and international management.
What can students expect to learn in an online business administration master’s degree program?Business administration degree programs vary widely due to the specializations and concentrations available. However, students in most business degree programs are expected to become familiar with key business concepts such as budgeting, branding and management that will help them to communicate in business environments.
Popular classes taken by students enrolled in top online masters programs in business administration include:
- Branding: One of the most important business skills, branding helps professionals create associations between a product and its benefits. Courses that touch on branding explain how to build an effective brand, protect its good name and convey its importance to consumers.
- Budgeting: Businesses often encounter problems regarding limited resources, and courses in finance and marketing often stress these skills. Students in these classes learn about resource management, time management and cost effectiveness.
- Management: After finishing a master’s degree in business administration, students are often expected to manage large groups of people in business settings. Most business administration degree programs seek to prepare students for leadership roles by teaching them about group dynamics, conflict resolution and strategic planning.
What careers can students pursue after graduating from business administration masters programs online?
Graduates of online business administration masters programs may choose from a variety of different job options.
Some careers graduates can choose from include:
- Top Executives: Holding the highest positions in business, these executives deal with general strategic concerns and company oversight. This field is expected to grow by only 5% over the next decade due to slow corporate growth and redundancies created by corporate mergers. Top executives typically make more than $101,000 per year.
- Marketing Managers: These managers focus on advertising, promoting and otherwise conveying messages to consumers regarding the price and location of a company’s products. Over the next decade, this field is expected to grow about 14%. Business administrators in this field typically make about $108,260 per year.
- Financial Managers: Business administrators who work in financial management direct an organization’s investment activities and communicate them to other members of the organization. Due to declines in certain financial industries, this field is only expected to grow 9% over the next decade. Financial managers are usually paid about $104,000 per year.